How We Do It
Backed by 30 years of experience, Mission First employs traditional real estate techniques and sound financial planning to advance a social mission. We have honed our approach, developed a replicable model, and we are now bringing that model to new locations to help address housing needs for a variety of vulnerable populations.
Mission First believes that everyone deserves to live in a safe, affordable, sustainable home. We do our part by bringing scale to affordable housing development. These are the tools we use:
- We employ traditional and non-traditional real estate practices to advance a social mission.
- We operate a full-service, nonprofit real estate development office.
- We support all of our residents by linking them to the services and support they need to live independently and achieve their goals.
- We collaborate so we can assemble more resources, house more people in need, and provide greater support so people can live independently.
- We develop green, sustainable housing because we are committed to the long-term health of our residents and the environment.
- We prioritize community integration and help residents live in the neighborhoods they want to live in.
- We plan and execute our projects so that they become assets to the communities where they are located.
Mission First has a rich history of collaboration with other nonprofit organizations, community groups, funders, faith-based institutions, and public agencies. The following highlights just a few of our recent partnerships:
Individual Giving Programs
Support from our donors is key to helping us advance our mission. Every dollar contributed helps Mission First:
- Build safe, quality, affordable housing for individuals and families.
- Provide rental assistance to veterans in need.
- Link residents to the services they need to get back on their feet.
Click here to make your secure, online donation now:
Send your contribution in the mail
If you prefer to mail your contribution, please send your gift to:
Mission First Housing Group
2042-48 Arch Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Gifts to Mission First Housing Group are tax-deductable to the fullest extent of the law. (A copy of the official registration and financial information of Mission First Housing Group may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free within Pennsylvania 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.)
Mission First depends on federal, state, and local government financing, as well as support from private companies, to fund its efforts. We also have individual campaigns for people to directly assist us in fulfilling our mission. For questions about supporting Mission First Housing Group, please contact Moira Rooney at 215-557-8414×3251 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Financial Partners:
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- United States Department of the Interior: Historic Preservation Tax Credits
- D.C. Housing Finance Agency
- D.C. Department of Housing and Community Development
- D.C. Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
- D.C. Housing Authority
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- New Jersey Housing Mortgage Finance Agency
- Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare
- Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency
- State of Delaware Department of Health and Social Services
- Bradford County, PA
- Burlington County, NJ
- City of Baltimore
- City of Philadelphia
- PMHCC, Inc.
- Redevelopment Authority of the City of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Housing Authority
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Capital One
- Community Lenders
- Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
- Enterprise Green Communities
- Fannie Mae
- Federal Home Loan Bank Atlanta
- Federal Home Loan Bank New York
- Federal Home Loan Bank Pittsburgh
- Firstrust Bank
- Freddie Mac
- Hudson Housing Capital
- LISC Philadelphia
- M&T Bank
- National Equity Fund
- PNC Bank
- Prudential Mortgage Capital
- Raymond James Tax Credit Funds
- RBC Capital Markets
- The Reinvestment Fund
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Second Federal Savings and Loan
- Self Help
- Sovereign Bank
- TD Bank
- Wells Fargo